Communication is always my goal when working with clients. Each week I will coordinate a phone call or meeting with you to discuss the measures I have taken to sell your home. If for any reason I miss even one week, I guarantee a $500 refund at settlement. That is how important you as my client are and the open lines of dialogue.
BEFORE THE APPOINTMENT
- Complete necessary paperwork to list the home in the MLS.
- Prepare Comparative Market Analysis (CMA) of your home based on the preliminary information provided (square footage, location, age, etc)
AT THE LISTING APPOINTMENT
- We will discuss your circumstances and motivation for selling your home. I will ask what prompted this decision, what your future plans are, and where your next move will be.
- A complete walk through of your home will be done together. During this time we can address any outstanding repair items, how to declutter your home, improving the curb appeal, and if we should stage your home. All these measures are proven to increase the marketability of your home.
- Next I will guide you through the comparable in the area versus your home. “Comps” are the homes most comparable to yours which have sold in the past 3-6 months. These “comps” help us define a realistic listing price for your home. It’s imperative we start off with the correct listing price on day one to avoid the pitfalls that come with overpricing a home.
- Your listing packet will be presented to you now and contain all the pertinent documents regarding the listing of your home. In addition, I will include marketing strategies that will be utilized to increase exposure of your home thus producing a buyer in a shorter amount of time.
- Once you are comfortable with the guided explanation of all the paperwork and are in agreement with my marketing methodologies we can advance to pricing your home. Based on our previous discussion of “comps” we will decide on an acceptable list price that you are comfortable with. Then I can explain the sales process from beginning to end so you know what to expect during the entire process. I believe clear expectations and constant communication are the foundation of a successful relationship.
- Now it’s time to sign your listing agreement, and there are quite a few spots to sign! After this I will be busy in your front yard installing your new For Sale sign and putting the lockbox on your front door. I wish I could stay and chat, but I must hurry back to the office and start getting your home SOLD!
BACK AT MY OFFICE
- A professional photographer will be scheduled immediately to take pictures of your home.
- Your home will be listed in the MLS
- I will schedule an Agent Open House. This differs from a public open house in that just realtors are invited to give feedback and comments about your home. Additionally, it provides exposure that your home is on the market should they have a qualified buyer.
- Finally I will prepare your home for all aspects of marketing to include websites, emails, direct print, social media, and more.